30 Sep QUESTIONS TO THE HONOURABLE PRIME MINISTER
1) Is the Prime Minister aware of the report from the Office of the Contractor-General entitled “Special Report of Investigation into the Award of Contracts for the Island-wide Mitigation (De Bushing and Drain Cleaning) Programme which was implemented by the National Works Agency (NWA) in the amount of Six Hundred and Six Million Dollars” which was presented to Parliament in June of this year?
2) If the answer is in the affirmative, could the Prime Minister indicate whether or not he will make a statement to Parliament in response to this report from the Office of the Contractor-General? Further, would the Prime Minister please state when this will be done?
3) Is the Prime Minister aware that serious allegations have been made against some Honourable Members of Parliament?
4) If the answer to 3) is in the affirmative, would the Prime Minister indicate what action he intends to take against those Members of Parliament?
5) Is the Prime Minister aware of praragraph 19 of the Conclusion of the Report where the following is said “In this regard, the OCG can only reasonably conclude that either the Hon. Members of Parliament (Ministers named in the report) are mendacious in their representations or that (persons named in the report) are being insincere?”?
6) If the answer to 5) is in the affirmative, could the Prime Minister please state whether or not any of the Ministers have issued a public statement on these allegations?
7) Could the Prime Minister indicate whether or not the Cabinet has to date discussed this report from the Office of the Contractor-General?
8) If the answer to part 7) is in the affirmative would the Prime Minister say what, if any, corrective measures have been taken to avoid a reoccurrence of the conduct complained of by the Office of the Contractor-General?